Completed Project Groups
Project Group "Secure metering using PLC and M-Bus Wireless interfaces"
Project Group "Delivery of multimedia content over heterogeneous mobile networks"
The project aims to build (Audio / Video), a voice over IP system and to enhance security features.
- Analysis of existing implementations
- Installation, commissioning & demo
- Security aspects
- Adding components of confidentiality
- Extension of SIP in the context of security
- Different scenarios
- Video conferencing
The aim of the project is, the software which must be calibrated by the PTB (Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt), be downloaded online via open networks in measuring instruments, for example, electricity and gas meters.
- Creating flow scenario
- Analysis of the software concept of the downloading object
- Analysis & specification of the download formats
- Design and implementation of the cryptographic securtiy mechanisms
- Tests and demo
In the SELMA project (secure exchange of measurement data) prototypes of meters (electricity, gas) were developed whose measurement data can be read online. This is requried in the liberalized energy market as the energy customers can purchase energy from several utilities. Our institute has developed the security concept and the security architecture for this project and a project group to develop the prototype for the safety management system. Experiences from a field test motivates us to set up another project group on this subject in the academic year 2004/2005.
The main modules that develops and integrates to be, are:
- Graphical user interface for security management in the inspection (verification authorities) and distribution system operators
- Database of measuring devices
- Smart card connector
- Integration of cryptographic algorithms
- Certificate management
- Interface software to the LDAP server
- Communication protocols to the meters
- Software download
- Processing of calibration technical log books