Wissensbasiertes System zur Unterstützung der medizinischen Ausbildung (MedAusbild)
Knowledge based educational (medical) assistant systems(MedAusbild)
- Category: Student project group
- Duration: 2016-2019
- Project Webpage: www.medausbild.de
MedAusbild is a medical case-based application implemented by students of University of Siegen at the Institute of Knowledge Based Systems and Knowledge Management (KBS & KM).
Since summer 2016, the MedAusbild platform has been designed as a knowledge-based system by involvement of the research assistant of the KBS & KM. KBS & KM aims at transferring the lessons learned and good practices from the BMBF projects/proposals to the university students. In this way KBS & KM defines real, practical and new-fashioned challenges as a small scaled project for the students in the scopes of the bachelor/master thesis or project/project-seminar group.
For these 3 semesters, the MedAusbild members have developed the following modules:
- Summer semester 2016:
- PG: Creation the case base for dementia diseases and its references (contents).
- 3 students were involved in this PG.
- Winter semester 2016-17:
- PG: Implementation of a case-based medical learning assistant system for dementia caregivers based on the framework of WHO (ICF codes).
- 4 students were involved in this PG.
- In addition:
- In the scope of a Master thesis: Study and classification of caregivers needs to ICF codes as an ontology of caring (1 student was involved).
- In the scope of a bachelor thesis: Design and implementing the Android version of application (1 student was involved).
- Summer Semester 2017 & Winter Semester 2017/2018:
- PG: Implementation of a case-based medical learning assistant system in Melanoma skin cancer based on the 7-point checklist and the NCCN guidelines.
- 6 students were involved in this PG.
- In addition:
- In the scope of a project-seminar work: Design and implementation of the stand-alone application (using myCBR) with two datasets (1 student was involved).
- Summer Semester 2018:
- PG: Implementation of a web-based collaborative learning platform for medical students-first course:dementia.
- 8 students are involved in this PG.
- In addition:
- In the scope of a master-project-work: Statistical data analysis to predict patients fall-risk in long-term care (1 student is involved)
- In the scope of a bachelor thesis: An analysis of the application of ICF (International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health) to compare with ROTSP model (spatial-locational-temporal-social-personal) for people (1 students are involved)
- In the scope of a master thesis: Design and development of an assistant system to detect melanoma based on deep neural networks (2 students are involved)
Up to now 28 students from informatics and business informatics have worked together intensively and established, developed and maintained the MedAusbild platform. We would kindly like to acknowledge their efforts, involvement and commitment for developing the platform.
Best Student Video Nominee 2017:
Video Competition ICCBR 2017 - Best Student Video Nominee
Sara Nasiri, Katharina Klingauf, Dan Li, Jan Ortmann, Madjid Fathi
DePicT Dementia CLASS: Medical Learning Assistant System
Video Competition ICCBR 2018 - Best Video Nominee
Sara Nasiri, Katharina Brenner, Christopher Göbel, Marc Wildermuth, Kevin Klöckner, Oliver Koch, Tenantsa Balaye N’kantio, Johnson Momo Kagho, Francis Kenne Wamba, and Madjid Fathi
Medical CBR Assistant System: Web-based Collaborative Learning Platform
Dr.-Ing. Sara Nasiri
Phone: (+49) 271 740-2642